What are the top trends that are shaping the Top Executive Recruitment companies in 2018? Every year there is a new approach and way of Executive search hiring that will give the company the inside edge over the competition. 2018 is no different than many trends we saw in 2017, technologies will continue to be a focal point this year and beyond. Below we outline some of the top Executive search trends to watch for in 2018:
• Focus on Diversity Hiring- Diversity hiring continues to be a buzz topic in the executive search industry. Forward-thinking hiring managers are now looking beyond guidelines and compliance and are starting to see the true value of diversity in the place of work.
• Social media is now a gold-mine for executive search- Social Media platforms was previously considered very risky as it divulged too much or the wrong type of info about the person. Job seekers were discouraged from building the presence on the web for the fear that wrong information could be leaked to a potential employer. However, now individuals are constructing complete details, appropriate images of themselves for all to see.
• Emerging Trend of Remote Work forces- Now-a-days, remote work forces are turning out as an emerging trend. The fact is that the high amount of potential hires will consider remote or flexi-hours working as part of the package and this should be a consideration when shaping or creating roles within the company. Executive Recruitment companies can leverage advanced technology while setting clear expectations on productivity if a remote workforce is going to be successful.
• Extra dependence on technology and smart data- Companies are focusing heavily on using big data & analytics to create more in depth talent-metrics for the pool of applicants. Operational metrics such as cost-per-hire, time-to-hire and source-of-hire remain relevant but more intelligent means of measuring Return of Investment will be implemented by companies. By utilising detailed measures of potential success, companies can also initiate the best training methods & motivational cues.
• Emphasis on Employer Branding- People wants to work for organisations that have a good reputation and employer brand. They want to work for organisations with a strong culture & companies that take care of their employees. Therefore, if the organisation has a strong employer brand, you will be able to more efficiently hire the best talent.
• Focus on Retention- Ongoing departure among new joiners is one of the core challenges expected in 2018. It was a 2017 trend that is expectable to remain into the upcoming year. Every single Top Executive Recruitment companies must need to focus on high retention levels by offering providing “well-being” perks, benefits, rewards, flexible hiring options, and providing on-the-job training options. Companies must be competitive in their compensation package offerings to retain the potential candidates for the long-term.
• Focus on Passive Candidates- Simply sifting through resumes and researching on candidates on career/ job websites will no longer cut it. Automatic messages and social media platforms have made it simple to stay connected with candidates. Targeting candidates through their interests & utilising diverse methods of communication will allow companies to stay in touch with their pool of candidates. Companies need to develop a network of potential candidates.
These are some of the expected executive search hiring trends to Watch for 2018. With so many radical changes, the face of the Executive Recruitment companies is going to change in coming years.